Beginning (Engaging the Qi)
Video “Tai Chi 8 Movements – Posture 1 – Beginning”
Instruction Tai Chi 8 Movements – Posture 1 – Beginning
1. releasing/letting go: During the preparation, the hands rotate slightly outwards, led by the pinky fingers
2. Activating: Straightening up, the hands flow upwards – and at the same time outwards – up to breast height
3. releasing, letting go: The hands come closer to the upper body on a horizontal line
4. Activating: Straightening up, we lift our hands. The palms face forward.
5. Transition: the hands sink downwards in a slight curve.
The relevant episodes of our #martialmonday project:
Author: Nils Klug
Image: Nils Klug