Welcome to Taiji Forum – A universe of Chinese arts
Taiji Forum started as a sister project of the biggest German web resource for the Chinese arts.
Today, it is one of the most constantly growing English resources for Taijiquan and Qigong in the web, thanks to a small group of practitioners who started practising in an analogous world of books and tapes and made it their goal to bring the Chinese arts into the digital age. After years of organic growth, the website as you see it today is a product of the work of many different people. Thus, over a period of time and with combined efforts, our small universe of the Chinese arts was born, which reflects the animated development of the Chinese movement, healing and martial arts in Europe and beyond. And the universe is yet expanding…
You are welcome to join us on our journey to unknown stars! Have fun on our page! We would also be happy to greet you face to face at the International Push Hands Meeting in Hannover (Germany), our inofficial “Taiji family meeting”! Why not join us?
Meet the Taiji Forum team
We are experts in the Chinese arts and our motivation is the joy that lies in practising them as living arts! We practise the Chinese movement, healing and martial arts as a living culture – sharing our insights with open hearts and free spirits. It is our mission to test traditional knowledge against practical and scientific research with the goal of enriching the arts, making them relevant for people living in the 21st century. Working together on Taiji Forum, we combine the heritage of our styles, our knowledge and our imagination, making original approaches accessible for everyone. For us, that is doing our bit to develop the arts.
Nils Klug, Tai Chi Studio
Taijiquan, martial arts, Push Hands
Gabi Kannenberg, Tai Chi Studio
Taijiquan, theory/thought systems, sword fencing
(texts, translations, graphics)
Huang, Tsui-Chuan, Shan Shui
Qigong, Taijiquan, internal medicine
We run this site on a voluntary basis and pay for all entailing costs by ourselves. Thus, the technical support by Zoltan Kiss is all the more invaluable for our work – a big warm thank you for the generous dedication, for your time and for your expertise over many, many years!
What are we up to? – Our current projects
Taijiquan and Qigong Videos
We currently produce new Tai Chi and Qigong videos on a weekly basis. As we usually also provide articles with additional information, you can choose your way of access: via our Website (read the article with embedded video) or via YouTube (watch the video and click the link in the description for additional informations).
Tai Chi and Qigong Videos and article series
Our current “pipelines” are:
martialmonday – Push Hands and applications with Nils [currently paused]
wellnesswednesday – new Qigong exercises with Tsui
Subscribe to our Youtube channels
Subscribe to our YouTube channels and activate the bell to never again miss out on our most recent free videos!
Tai Chi Videos – Nils Klug Channel
You can find our English Tai Chi videos on Nils’ channel, along with all our videos in German. Almost 500 videos from the world of Chinese arts at your disposal – forms, Qigong exercises, Tai Chi applications,…
Qigong Videos – Qigong Exercises Channel
YouTube Extra Tipp
Virtually all our videos are accompanied by written instructions. Just click on the link in the description below the YouTube videos to get more out of your practice!
All our updates and news are also posted on facebook. Just follow us!
Yes, we also post the odd foto, sunsets and video snippets on Instagram… 🤗 – but we won‘t do tiktok. Promised. For now.
Yeah, we did it! – Recently completed projects
Tai Chi at home – learn the new Tai Chi 8 form with Nils!
As a small movement system of its own, the 8 form is the easiest gateway to train the Tai Chi Aspects – be it as a newbie to Tai Chi for health and well being or as a practitioner of a different martial arts style. The 8 form does not take much space, so you can train it at home – and it is great fun, too!
What will the future bring? – Coming up next
philosophicalfriday – We will continue our Cheng Man Ching project with a series on Tai Chi sword by Ken van Sickle. (The German site will simultaneously feature Gabi’s translation of Ken‘s book into German).
- RULES OF ENGAGEMENT – Tai Chi Sword 36
- CONSIDER – Tai Chi Sword 35
- INVITATIONS – Tai Chi Sword 34
- THE TASSEL – Tai Chi Sword 33
- THE SWORD FINGERS – Tai Chi Sword 32
- Cheng Man Ching Photographs
- THE JOINTS – Tai Chi Sword 31
- THE GRIP – Tai Chi Sword 30
- SWORD MOVEMENT – Tai Chi Sword 29
- ON ALIGNMENT – Tai Chi Sword 28
- CONCERNING THE CENTRE – Tai Chi Sword 27
- EQUATIONS – Tai Chi Sword 26
- HSIN AND CHI – Tai Chi Sword 25
- On studying – NINE QUOTES – Tai Chi Sword 24
- THE SWORD MAIDENS – Tai Chi Sword 23
- THE SWORD AND CALLIGRAPHY – Tai Chi Sword 22
- Returning – MORE THOUGHTS – Tai Chi Sword 21
- Levels of TAI CHI SWORD – Tai Chi Sword 20
- FENCING – Tai Chi Sword 19
- Transcendence – Tai Chi Sword 18
- TURNING TRICKS – Tai Chi Sword 17
- Names of CHENG MAN CH’ING’S TAI CHI SWORD – Tai Chi Sword 16
- FORCE – Tai Chi Sword 15
- DIFFERENCES – Tai Chi Sword 14
- BEGINNERS’ MISTAKES – Tai Chi Sword 13
- MIND SETS – Tai Chi Sword 12
- SENSITIVITY – Tai Chi Sword 11
- HARMONY – Tai Chi Sword 10
- TIME AND HUMOUR – Tai Chi Sword 9
- WHY AND HOW – Tai Chi Sword 8
- SWORD DIMENSIONS – Tai Chi Sword 7
- A ROYALTY OF ARMS – Tai Chi Sword 6
- KENNETH VAN SICKLE – Tai Chi Sword 4
- CHENG MAN CH’ING – Tai Chi Sword 5
- PREFACE – Tai Chi Sword 3
- Introductory Thoughts – Tai Chi Sword 2
- EDITOR’S PREFACE -Tai Chi Sword 1
- Tai Chi Sword by Kenneth van Sickle
We proudly present – Taiji Forum Classics: Original articles and in-depth series
Throughout our work, we are committed to critical research and a scientific mind-set. Though this commitment does not necessarily shine through in every step on our way (sometimes, it has to be about the fun as well, hasn’t it…), here are some articles which we think highlight our approach. Criticising without devaluating and searching for historical truth without forgetting the inspirational power of a good story is sometimes a very fine line. We like to walk this tight rope from time to time!
Cheng Man Ching Series
Qigong Healing Series
The Taiji Forum “Archives”
Ten years ago, we started this journey as “Taiji Europa” – with the aim to promote and showcase the Chinese arts as they are practised today all over Europe. The small project soon became a big one, a unique knowledge base for practitioners and teachers with many articles and subjects. Though it is a lot of work, we decided to keep the information online for the benefit of the community. Today, we host a total of about 500 English articles and about 700 articles on our German sister page. Together, they form a colourful mosaic, its main subjects being Chinese movement, healing and martial arts, Chinese philosophy and calligraphy.
Tips to search and navigate our site
If you are searching for something in particular, just use the search option on the page. If you just want to browse and are interested in a certain subject, you might begin with the tag cloud as a starting point! The tag cloud will also lead you to our newest content relating to your chosen subject.
#MartialMonday #PhilosophicalFriday #WellnessWednesday 8 Brocades applications Ba Duan Jin Baguazhang beginner calligraphy Cheng Man Ching Chi Kung Chinese Internal Arts Faye Yip Glossary Grandmaster health qigong Huang Tsui-Chuan International Push Hands Meeting Interview Ken van Sickle Martial Applications Meeting Nils Klug Push Hands Qi qigong Qigong Exercises qigong healing review scientific studies sword tai chi Tai Chi 8 movements Tai Chi Aspects Tai Chi at home Tai Chi online Tai Chi Studio tai chi tips taijiquan Tina Faulkner Elders Video Wang Ning webdifinition William C. C. Chen Yangsheng
Our latest articles of all categories are always listed in our RSS feed.
- This is used as a response to downward pressure on your blade to your left side. The […]
- To neutralise a cut to the right side of your head or neck with a technique such […]
- This is the name I give to the move between “Dragonfly Strikes Water” and “Swallow Returns to […]
- SHOOT FLYING GOOSE – Tai Chi Sword 40
- RHINOCEROS GAZES AT MOON – Tai Chi Sword 39
- THE MASTER SITS BACK – Tai Chi Sword 38
- FIVE APPLICATIONS – 1. BLOCK AND SWEEP – Tai Chi Sword 37
- 21st International Push Hands Meeting 2022
- RULES OF ENGAGEMENT – Tai Chi Sword 36
- CONSIDER – Tai Chi Sword 35
- Ride the Horse in the Direction it is Going — An Anecdote
- Cheng Man Ching Push Hands
- Tai Chi’s Role
- The Cheng Man Ching 37 Form – Shortening and Changing the Yang Form