4 Postures – Building Awareness
Over time, one gets more and more comfortable with the general execution of the 4 postures up to the point that it builds a routine. Then, it sometimes happens that one’s focus is lost.
All of you who meditate on some level, be it meditation in motion or some sort of sitting meditation, surely know what I am talking about.
Moving forward on our meditative path, it is fruitful to work with challenges to make the pattern more lively and educational.
Here, you see my student being confronted with the task of paying attention to my elbow while yielding the press.
Paying attention to different details fills the patterns with live and builds general awareness.
Learn Push Hands with us in Autumn 2022!
Until then we wish you a fabulous summertime!
4 Postures – Building Awareness Video
- Always move “just enough” (passive stepping)…not easy to practice, as our natural fear and caution, and sometimes our egos…
- Tai Chi Push Hands Workshop Bresciameaning of some main Tai Chi principles in practice
- Tai Chi stepping 9/10 – Always leave the line of attackThe full leg provides the axis (and center point) for a circular movement
- Tai Chi stepping Rule 4 – Keep connected to the groundGrounding gives our movements stability.
- Push Hands in CreteWorkshop with Nils Klug in Crete September 2023